Bicycle Accidents Lawyer
Bicycle accidents: What You Need to Know
Bicycling is a popular mode of transportation and recreation in Utah, but unfortunately, it comes with risks. Bicycle accidents can result in serious injuries or even fatalities, and navigating the legal system after an accident can be complex and overwhelming. That's why it's important to have an experienced bicycle accident attorney on your side. At Young and Young injury lawyers in Utah, we understand the unique challenges that come with bicycle accident cases.
According to the Utah Department of Public Safety, there were 783 reported bicycle accidents in Utah in 2020. These accidents resulted in 723 injuries and 12 fatalities. The majority of bicycle accidents occurred in urban areas, with Salt Lake City having the highest number of reported accidents.
Common Causes of Bicycle Accidents
There are many factors that can contribute to bicycle accidents, including:
- Driver negligence: Drivers may be distracted, impaired, or simply not paying attention to the road.
- Poor road conditions: Potholes, debris, and other hazards can make it difficult for bicyclists to navigate the road safely.
- Lack of bike lanes: Without dedicated bike lanes, bicyclists are forced to share the road with cars and other vehicles, which can be dangerous.
- Bicycle defects: Defective bicycles or bicycle parts can cause accidents and injuries.
Why You Need an Experienced Bicycle Accident Attorney
If you've been involved in a bicycle accident, it's important to have an experienced attorney on your side. Here are a few reasons why:
- Protection of Your Rights: Insurance companies may try to take advantage of bicyclists who have been involved in accidents, but an experienced attorney can protect your rights and ensure that you receive fair compensation for your injuries.
- Determination of Liability: Determining liability in a bicycle accident can be complex. An attorney can investigate the circumstances of the accident and determine who is at fault.
- Evaluation of Damages: Bicycle accidents can result in significant physical, emotional, and financial damages. An attorney can help you evaluate your damages and determine a fair settlement amount.
- Representation in Court: In some cases, it may be necessary to go to court to get the compensation you deserve. An experienced attorney can represent you in court and fight for your rights.
At Young and Young injury lawyers in Utah, we have experience representing clients in bicycle accident cases. We understand the unique challenges that come with these types of cases, and we are committed to helping our clients get the compensation they deserve. If you've been involved in a bicycle accident, contact us today to schedule a free consultation.