Dog bite Accidents
Dog bite: What You Need to Know
Dogs are often considered man's best friend, but unfortunately, even the friendliest dog can bite. Dog bites can result in serious injuries or even fatalities, and navigating the legal system after an attack can be complex and overwhelming. That's why it's important to have an experienced dog bite attorney on your side. At Young and Young injury lawyers in Utah, we understand the unique challenges that come with dog bite cases.
According to the Utah Department of Health, there were 430 hospitalizations due to dog bites in Utah between 2014 and 2018. Children under the age of 10 were the most common victims of dog bites, and injuries were most likely to occur during the summer months.
Common Causes of Dog Bites
There are many factors that can contribute to dog bite, including:
- Negligent owners: Owners may fail to properly train or socialize their dogs, or they may fail to supervise their dogs around children or other animals.
- Provocation: Dogs may bite when they feel threatened, scared, or provoked.
- Stray dogs: Uncontrolled or unlicensed dogs may be more likely to bite due to a lack of training and socialization.
Why You Need an Experienced Dog Bite Attorney
If you've been involved in a dog bite accident, it's important to have an experienced attorney on your side. Here are a few reasons why:
- Protection of Your Rights: Insurance companies may try to take advantage of dog bite victims, but an experienced attorney can protect your rights and ensure that you receive fair compensation for your injuries.
- Determination of Liability: Determining liability in a dog bite case can be complex. An attorney can investigate the circumstances of the attack and determine who is at fault.
- Evaluation of Damages: Dog bite can result in significant physical, emotional, and financial damages. An attorney can help you evaluate your damages and determine a fair settlement amount.
- Representation in Court: In some cases, it may be necessary to go to court to get the compensation you deserve. An experienced attorney can represent you in court and fight for your rights.
At Young and Young injury lawyers in Utah, we have experience representing clients in dog bite cases. We understand the unique challenges that come with these types of cases, and we are committed to helping our clients get the compensation they deserve. If you've been involved in a dog bite accident, contact us today to schedule a free consultation.